Legal Agreement: Terms of Service
A work club
Created by The Web, LLC
The Web is a membership work club, created by women, founded on the notion that you can create a space -- and community -- to gather, create, collaborate, serve a greater good and get work done.
Members also have access to women-centered programming, productivity resources, creative outlets, the Club House and systems of support.
The Web fosters and enhances purpose among freelancers, entrepreneurs and all styles and walks of life of women who work. This life is one that blends the best of our worlds: professional energy, creative inspiration, personal motivation and career-defining intention, where members weave and define their ultimate work-life web.
Article I, Membership
- Fees. The Web membership fee is $100/month due at acceptance. Membership fee will be billed to the credit card on file monthly.
- Term. The Web membership begins at the first of the following month, after membership is approved and will continue for thirty days from the effective date of this Agreement renewing automatically each month unless sooner terminated.
- Underwriting. An application must be accepted by The Web, LLC. and approved for membership. The Web may also require an in-person interview prior to accepting an applicant and reserves the right to refuse membership based on any and all of this underwriting material at its sole discretion.
- The Clubhouse (1083 Washington Ave., Macon, Georgia). Each Member will be provided access via mobile app to unlock the front door between the hours of 8 a.m.-9 p.m., Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m., Saturday-Sunday, as well as access to a reservation calendar for reserving the private spaces for private working/meetings. See Clubhouse Rules for more.
- Clubhouse Rules.
- Members shall be courteous and kind at all times to their fellow Members, guests, directors, employees, staff, and agents. To help ensure a positive working environment, The Web LLC. has the discretion to determine whether a Member’s behavior is discourteous.
- The Clubhouse is open to all 0embers during the hours of 8am-9pm, Mon. - Fri.
- Members may reserve private spaces for private working/meetings via reservation calendar.
- All members are required to clean after themselves and clear all items from kitchen and working/meeting space after use.
- Guests. Guests are welcome at The Clubhouse if accompanied by a Member. Access to The Clubhouse can not be given to a non-member by a member and will result in termination.
- Items available for purchase. Additional items will be available for purchase requiring an additional fee outside of membership fees. A tab will be kept of said items and The Web LLC. will bill for these items at the end of every month.
- Accountability. Each Member shall be accountable for her actions while at The Clubhouse, as well as for the actions of any and all guests that she invites to The Clubhouse. If a Member or one of her guests causes harm or damage to The Clubhouse, its Members, or the personal property of The Clubhouse or its Members, the responsible Member must promptly report the harm or damage to The Web LLC., volunteer information about the harm or damage, and pay for any and all expenses to remedy the harm or damage. Additional liability provision?
- Noise. Each member must be respectful of others working in The Clubhouse and use discretion when listening to music, taking a conference call or other pone calls.
- Pets are not allowed at The Clubhouse unless approved by The Web LLC.
- The Web LLC., does not provide any insurance coverage for any materials that Members bring into or leave at The Clubhouse. The Web LLC., and their respective directors, officers, members, employees, staff, agents, successors, and assigns, shall be held harmless from all liability for theft, loss, or damage to any materials that Members bring into or leave at The Clubhouse. Members are advised to obtain appropriate insurance coverage to adequately cover their personal possessions and liabilities.
- Safety. Members must keep The Clubhouse clean and safe. All Members must refrain from doing anything that endangers himself or anyone else at The Clubhouse. As such, Members are to refrain from bringing or using any flammable, corrosive, explosive, unstable, or otherwise hazardous materials into or around The Clubhouse. The Web is a non-smoking environment, both inside the building and within 20 feet of the exterior entrances of the building. Members must practice good hygiene and keep themselves and their work areas clean and sanitary. Additionally, Members must leave any area and any business equipment they use clean and neat. If a Member sees anything that needs repair or presents a safety hazard to the Members, the Member must immediately report this to The Web LLC.
- Cleanliness. Members must immediately wash any dishes they use while at The Web. Further, any items that a Member places in the refrigerator must be clearly marked with her name and the date. No kitchen appliances or equipment beyond what is provided by The Web is authorized for use in the space, unless express permission is given in advance by The Web LLC.
- Food & Drink. The Clubhouse is not licensed in any way to serve food or beverages. If a Member consumes any food or beverages at The Clubhouse, she does so at her own discretion and risk. The Web LLC., and their respective directors, officers, members, employees, staff, agents, successors, and assigns, shall have no liability for illness or accidents.
- Bicycles. Members may use the shared bicycles at your own risk. The Web LLC., and their respective directors, officers, members, employees, staff, agents, successors, and assigns make no warranties or guarantees regarding the safety or maintenance of the shared bicycles. You should carefully inspect bicycles prior to use, and report any safety issues to The Web LLC. immediately and refrain from using the bicycles until they meet your personal standards for safety. You may use the bicycles for trips up to two hours duration. When you are done, return the bicycle to one of the shared bicycle racks. When you use the bicycles, you must use the attached lock. You will be responsible for the bicycle while you are using it and your membership will be charged for the cost of repair or replacement (at The Web’s discretion) if the bicycle is lost, stolen or damaged. Bicycle racks are first-come, first-serve and private bicycles may not be left overnight. The Web LLC. is not responsible for the safety of your bicycle. If you choose to park your bicycle at The Clubhouse, you do so at your own risk.
- Legal. No Member may use The Clubhouse for any purpose that is unlawful, illegal, prohibited by federal, state, or local law, statute, regulation or ordinance, or otherwise undesired, including but not limited to, any form of anti-social behavior. No Member may damage, disable, or impair the work or property of the other Members. Further, no Member may attempt to access or access any properties or systems that do not belong to him.
- Contact. Clubhouse Manager is available to provide assistance and answer questions while using The Clubhouse (help with printer, questions, wifi etc.) all final approval from The Web LLC. email@example.com
- Financial Accountability. If a Member’s automated payment fails to process, The Web LLC. will promptly notify that Member to make the payment by alternate means, and such payment must be made by the Member within ten (10) days of the notification. Repeated failures of automatic payments will result in termination of a Member’s membership and access to The Clubhouse will be denied.
- Not a Lease. Membership in The Web allows access to The Clubhouse located at 1083 Washington Ave., Macon, Georgia and is not a lease of real property.
- Professionalism. The Members are prohibited from conducting any unsavory business practices. For example, the Members must refrain from engaging in activities like, but not limited to, those practices listed below:
- Pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk mail/email, or spamming;
- Defaming, abusing, harassing, or threatening others;
- Interrupting other Members who are working or using private offices or conference facilities;
- Aggressively promoting the Member’s business to other Members or their guests;
- Depriving their fellow Members of opportunities for their ventures, including but not limited to, stealing information, leads, clients or infringing on intellectual property; and,
- Viewing, posting, distributing or promoting inappropriate, profane, indecent, defamatory, or pornographic materials or information.
- Privacy. Members must practice elective privacy. It is up to each Member to secure her own privacy and that of her customers, vendors, and guests at The Clubhouse. Furthermore, each Member agrees to keep whatever information she inadvertently obtains from her fellow Members private, and never to share, reproduce, or use information that belongs to others, even verbally, or exploit overheard information for gain or to the detriment of another Member. The provision shall survive the termination of a Member’s membership in The Web.
- Disclaimers. The Manager and Macon Magazine disclaim all warranties and conditions, whether express, implied, or statutory, including by not limited to merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or use. The entire risk of the quality of a Member’s participation in or use of The Web remains with the Member.
- Termination. A Member’s membership in the Web may be terminated prior to the expiration of the term as follows:
- Termination from The Web LLC. If a Member violates the Rules of The Web LLC. in sole and complete determination, then The Web LLC. may terminate that Member’s membership without prior notice and without a refund of prepaid membership fees.
- Disclosure. The Web LLC.may disclose information about the Members or their participation in The Web as The Web deems necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental entity’s request. Further, The Web may publish, in their sole discretion, information about the Members or their businesses, including but not limited to their names, company names, industries, titles and URL’s. The Web has the right to take photographs at The Clubhouse and The Web events in which the Members or their property are featured and to use these photographs at The Web’s sole discretion.
- Indemnity. Each Member shall release, and hereby agrees to indemnify, defend and save harmless, The Web LLC., and their past, present and future directors, officers, members, employees, staff, agents, representatives, successors and assigns, jointly and severally, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, costs, expenses, judgments, fines and penalties based upon or arising out of the Member’s participation in The Web. In the event that a Member brings a frivolous claim or lawsuit in violation of this Agreement, the Member shall be liable for any attorneys’ fees and costs incurred by The Web, and their respective directors, officers, members, employees, staff and agents, successors, and assigns in connection with the defense of such claim or lawsuit.
- Interpretation and Enforcement. The Web LLC. has the ultimate right to interpret and enforce these Rules, and the Members agree to be bound by any consequence established by The Web LLC. for violating these Rules.
- Changes. The Web LLC. reserve the right to make changes to any and all Rules at any time. If possible, The Web LLC. will allow a preview period before changes to the Rules go into effect, but The Web LLC. reserves the right to change any and all Rules without such notice.
- Authority. By signing this Agreement, you represent that you have the authority to do so and are not violating any agreement you have with another party. You also agree that membership in The Web does not empower you to make binding representations or agreements on behalf of The Web or their directors, officers, members, employees, staff, agents, successors, or assigns.
I have read the Membership Application & Agreement and, should be Application be accepted for membership at The Web, I agree to abide by the terms and conditions set forth herein.
Date of Application
Remainder of Page Left Intentionally BlankExhibit A
Amenities Associated with Membership of The Web
All of the amenities included in are subject to change at any time at the sole discretion of The Web LLC.
- Month-to-month membership in The Web
- Door access to The Clubhouse, 1083 Washington Ave., Macon, Georgia (Black and white copies and/or printing (up to 200 pages/month), Color copies and/or printing (up to 100 pages/month), high-speed, wireless internet access, first-come, first served access to workstations, scheduled access to private working/meeting spaces)
- Access to members-only slack channel
- Invitation to members-only events